top of page

I-9 Verifications - Hardcopy or On-line SERVICE

Acceptable Documents for Verification of the I-9 Forms

For identification, one has to provide one photo identification and/or one other identification document dependent on your employer's requirements or if using List A (1 form required) OR if List B & C are used (2 forms of ID are required). All must be UNEXPIRED!

List A:

Documents that Establish Both Identity and Employment Authorization

  1. US Passport or US Passport Card

  2. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)

  3. Foreign Passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa

  4. Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)

  5. For a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer because of his or her status:  ​               a) Foreign passport; and                           b) Form I-94 or Form I-94A that has   the following:                                         (1) The same name as the passport;   and                                                               (2) An endorsement of the alien's   nonimmigrant status as long as that   period of endorsement has not yet   expired and the proposed   employment is not in conflict with any   restrictions or limitations identified   on the form.

  6. Passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Form I-94 or Form I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admission under the Compact of Free Association Between the United States and the FSM or RMI. 

List B:

Documents that Establish Identity

  1. Driver's license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address

  2. ID Card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address

  3. School ID card with a photograph

  4. Voter's registration card

  5. US Military card or draft record

  6. Military dependent's ID card

  7. US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card

  8. Native American tribal document

  9. Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority                                                                                               FOR PERSONS UNDER AGE 18 WHO   ARE UNABLE TO PRESENT A   DOCUMENT LISTED ABOVE:                          

  10. School record or report card

  11. Clinic, doctor, or hospital record

  12. Day-care or nursery school record




List C:

Documents that Establish Employment Authorization

  1. A Social Security Account Number card, unless the card includes one of the following restrictions:                     (1) NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT       (2) VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS   AUTHORIZATION                                     (3) VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS   AUTHORIZATION 

  2. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)

  3. Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)

  4. Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, County, Municipal authority, or Territory of the United States bearing an official seal

  5. Native American tribal document

  6. US Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)

  7. Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)

  8. Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security 





I-9 Form
bottom of page